Workers Compensation Defense Attorney
Employment Type: Full-Time
Zurich is seeking a successful Workers Compensation Defense Trial Attorney to work from their home in the South Bay (Greater San Jose Area) in Northern California (We will consider working from our San Francisco office, but this position will primarily handle matters at the San Jose and Salinas WCAB Courts).
This Attorney will be responsible for representing the Company in all phases of Workers Compensation litigation, practicing law in compliance with ethical standards as established by state law by preparing and defending Workers Compensation cases from a challenging and varied caseload. Responsibilities will include working directly with claims professionals providing legal analysis and advice, preparing and filing legal pleadings and documents, performing legal research, preparing for and conducting pre-trial discovery, preparing for and handling final hearings before the workers' compensation judge, and conducting post-trial activities where appropriate. Under limited direction, the attorney will work within broad limits and authority on highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise and qualified candidates will possess at least five (5) years of experience and knowledge of Workers Compensation procedure and practice.
- Juris Doctor with 5 or more years of experience in California Workers Compensation defense litigation
- Member in good standing of California State Bar
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Experience working with Lexis or Westlaw
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the insurance defense litigation legal environment
- Knowledge of the law and procedure
- Effective communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Collaboration skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Certified Workers Compensation Specialist designation desired
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...