Staff Legal Secretary
Employment Type: Full-Time
Zurich North America is currently hiring a Staff Legal Secretary to join our team in our Irvine, CA office. The Staff Legal Secretary performs a broad range of administrative and secretarial support for two or more General Liability and/or Workers Compensation defense attorneys. Organizes and maintains all electronic and paper files relating to litigation and administrative matters. Applies knowledge of legal document formats to transcribe and/or type contracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to two or more attorneys such as answering the phone, scheduling and maintaining calendars, etc.
- Responding to inquiries from and interacts with customers, clients, counsel, and witnesses
- Drafting legal pleadings, correspondence, and other documents as directed
- Maintaining accurate systems for assigned attorneys' cases
- Organizing and maintaining case files and documentation, electronically
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Experience drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Experience providing administrative support to two or more attorneys
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to effectively draft complex legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with litigation management software systems
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Experience in Civil Litigation and Worker's Compensation Law
- Experience supporting remote Attorneys
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...