Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Payment Integrity Compass seeks to impact hospitals bottom line performance by delivering targeted revenue recovery solutions that ensure accurate claims reimbursement, improve workflow and payment collection, streamline contract negotiations, optimize cash flow and profitability, and ensure accurate implementation and compliance. Payment Integrity Compass' rich health care knowledge and market-focused technology solutions and services empower hospitals to identify and then eliminate systemic issues that cause revenue inefficiencies. The result is a significant return on investment with long term sustainable improvement in revenue and profitability.
An integral part of the Payment Integrity Compass team, the Health Care Insurance Contract Analyst will maintain responsibility for the analysis, modeling, interpretation and programming of healthcare / managed care insurance contracts in the Payment Integrity Compass application.
* Analyze, interpret and program healthcare insurance contract data into the Payment Integrity Compass system
* Provide quantitative analysis in validating payer contract reimbursements against Payment Integrity Compass system calculations using patient accounting data
* Research new calculation methodologies, contract reimbursement terms, and payment formulae
* Provide functional client support via phone, e-mail and chat
* Work directly with the client to provide high customer satisfaction
* Identify and document new service opportunities
* Communicate effectively with both clients and colleagues
* Articulate to client how contract terms relate to system configuration
* Provide training to clients on programming and validating contracts using the Payment Integrity Compass system
* Update and maintain existing client contract post-implementation
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Advanced level understanding of the US Healthcare System (revenue cycle, institutional and professional reimbursement methodologies and major terminology)
* Knowledge and experience with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
* 2 years of client management experience
* 2 years of project management experience
* Experience and demonstrated ability to lead large, multi-facility implementations involving internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to effectively translate to clients system configurations relating to payer contract methodologies
* Ability to travel up to 20%
* Ability to work between 7:30am to 8:00pm EST (Monday through Friday)
* Qualitative analysis experience
* Advanced degree in Math, Economics or Finance
* 2 years of experience in building and validating Health Insurance Payer Contracts
* Experience independently managing project milestones
* Experience building client relationships
* Completed some course work or has a basic understanding of simple computer programming
* Experience understanding / writing algorithmic type logic
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Contract Account Administrator, Washing, District of Columbia, DC