Privacy Compliance Manager, Northeast (NE) Philadelphia
Compensation: $139,050.00 - $139,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
: The Privacy Compliance Manager, Northeast (NE) Philadelphia is responsible for, in coordination with the Chief Privacy Officer, handling the day to day functions of ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of and adherence of the organization s policies and procedures covering the privacy of patient, employee, and student information; and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the healthcare organization s privacy practices.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- Acts as a responsible official/contact person for receiving, investigating and responding to individual complaints and as a resource for answering questions regarding the organization Privacy Policies and Procedures
- Receives, investigates, analyzes and prepares final report and recommendations for HIPAA compliance issues in coordination with the Chief Privacy Officer or designee
- Utilizes knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures in order to gather and interpret data and information.
- Manages the creation, development, and distribution of HIPAA compliance policies, procedures and communication.
- Assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of the Jefferson NE Philadelphia privacy policies and procedures in coordination with the Chief Privacy Officer and Security and Privacy Committee.
- Conducts HIPAA compliance audits and recommends corrective action when appropriate.
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the organization privacy policies and procedures in coordination and collaboration with other departments including legal counsel when necessary.
- Oversees the right of the organization s patients to inspect, amend, and restrict access to personal health information when appropriate.
- Serves in a leadership role to HIPAA committees, work groups and others charged with oversight of the organizations privacy program as needed.
- Performs ongoing compliance monitoring activities such as chart audits and provides recommendations for corrective measures where appropriate.
- In coordination with the Chief Privacy Officer and Corporate Compliance Officer assists legal counsel in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associate agreements to ensure that all privacy concerns, requirements and responsibilities are addressed.
- Assists in the oversight, direction, and delivery of privacy training and orientation to all associates, volunteers, medical and professional staff and when required, applicable business associates.
- Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent applications of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies for all individuals in the Kennedy workforce, and for all business associates in cooperation with his/her supervisor, Human Resources, the Security officer and legal counsel when applicable.
- Cooperates with the US Department of Health and Human Service s Office of Civil Rights, the Pennsylvania State Attorney General as well as other legal entities and organizational officers in any compliance reviews or investigations.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws to ensure organizational compliance.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure consistent application and documentation of enforcement and sanctions for violations of privacy policies and requirements.
- Collaborate with HIM, Information Security, and IS&T to oversee and approve appropriate access levels and requests for patient records from employees and external requests for data.
- Prepare appropriate reports on the status of privacy and HIPAA matters for the CPO or other leaders upon request.
- Represent Jefferson in regional data-sharing initiatives such as the HealthShare Exchange of Southeastern Pennsylvania, and other privacy-oriented activities facilitating collaboration and sharing of best practices with other organizations.
Bachelor s Degree, Health Care Privacy ComplianceEXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a helath care setting, healthcare law or healthcare consulting specifically related to privacy and confdientiality
- Preferred experience working with self-audting tools such as Fair Warning, Iatrcs, Mays, Protenus, etc.
- Must also possess proven leadership abilities with emphasis on organization and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively while meeting deadlines.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.Par Reference Code
148344* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...