Director - Real Estate Services
Compensation: $100,210.00 - $146,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Real Estate
The Director, Real Estate Services, manages the sale/acquisition of real estate, lease administration, property management and any other real estate functions required by Jefferson. These functions encompass 140 leases covering over 1.25 million square feet and annual rents in excess of $30million.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Sr VP for Campus Planning in the evaluation of property acquisitions, Jefferson real estate strategy and the space needs for Jefferson departments and affiliates.
- Negotiate leases and coordinate all property management and financial matters associated with the Jefferson real estate portfolio: 1) Coordinate leasing and renewal efforts with Univeresity and Hospital Counsels to ensure favorable Jefferson lease terms; 2) Work in conjunction with Facilities Design and Construction to ensure orper use of Tenant Improvement Allowance and construction/renovation terms and standards; 3) Oversee the financial management of the facilities to include maintenance/implementation of existing/new record keeping systems and procedures; maintenance of all documentation pertaining to properties where Jefferson is the lessor; maintenance of all documentation pertaining to properties where Jefferson is the lesee; responsibility for the timely billing, collection and payment of amounts owed to Jefferson or owed by Jefferson on leased properties; payment and reconciliation of real estate and Center City District taxes and calucation of BU&O taxes; 4) Coordinate leased space repairs and upgrade/tenant improvements; 5) Maintain relationship with tenants in Jefferson owned and leased properties; 6) Maintain relationship with landlords of leased, non-owned Jefferson space. Serve as Jefferson advocate/representative in issues pertaining to leased space. Solicits and identifies potential tenants for the property; schedules, meets, and shows property to prospects; evaluates needs of prospects and refers for further negotiation as appropriate.
- Maintains compliance with departmental security, audit procedures and university policy.
- Interacts with coworkers, visitors and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
Bachelors Degree required.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Five (5) years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.Closing Statement
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.Par Reference Code
Associated topics: analyst, chief marketing officer, facebook, government, mba, newspaper, policies, regulatory, relationship, social media
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...