The Hertz Corporation Legal Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for law school students to gain firsthand exposure to challenging and sophisticated issues in various areas of law and policy and develop skills that will contribute to their future legal careers. The Legal Internship Program provides law students with significant experience on different matters unique to a global public company.
Law School Summer Internship - 2019
Five (5) Full-time Paid Internship Positions Available
* Excellent academic record and must be a current 1L or 2L at an accredited law school;
* Excellent research, writing, analytical and communication skills;
* Well-organized, self-directed, and able to complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from attorneys and management;
* Ability to work with multiple departments to help achieve goals and objectives:
* Corporate Group (Procurement, Franchise, Securities)
* Operations Group (Real Estate & Concessions, Litigation)
* Ability to work independently and have a flexible attitude with respect to work assignments;
* Strong attention to detail and an eagerness to develop legal skills;
* Effective project management skills and ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
* Local candidates preferred;
* Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Responsibilities to include:
* Assist with reviewing, drafting and revising a wide variety of legal documentation, including agreements, memoranda, litigation, pleadings and other documents and correspondence;
* Assist with various corporate matters, including global subsidiary management, corporate governance and SEC filings;
* Assist with mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions;
* Provide support in legal risk management, including researching statutes, laws, and other legal matters applicable to the company's activities;
* Researching legal issues and reporting results to attorneys in writing and in-person;
* Assist with various projects as directed by the Law Department;
* Contribute to department goals and identify improvement growth opportunities while participating in activities in functional areas such as Legal, Operations, Finance and Sales;
* Other projects/assignments as assigned by members of the Law Department.
EEO StatementHertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.