LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, REHABILITATION SERVICES DIVISION, RUTHERFORD COUNTY
Education and Experience: Experience equivalent to one year of fulltime custodial work.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, performs custodial work of average difficulty which usually includes leading others; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the lead class in the Custodial Worker sub-series. An employee in this class may be assigned to work any shift in leading a small number of custodial workers at a facility. This class differs from that of Custodial Worker 1 in that an incumbent of the latter does not act as a lead person on a permanent basis. This class differs from that of Custodial Worker Supervisor 1 in that an incumbent of the latter is responsible for supervising a moderate-sized group of custodial personnel.
* Time Management * Directing Others * Positive Attitude * Motivating Others * Decision Quality * Problem Solving * Dealing with Ambiguity * Composure
* Basic knowledge of principles, equipment, and chemicals involved in cleaning work
* Basic skill in managing one's own time and the time of others * Basic skill in teaching others how to do something * Basic skill in monitoring/assessing performance of self or others to make improvements or take corrective action * Basic skill in troubleshooting to determine causes of operating errors in equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, or other custodial equipment
* Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with one's body, arms, and/or legs * Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects * Ability to communicate information in speaking so others will understand * Ability to listen to and understand information presented through spoken words and sentences * Ability to read and understand information presented in writing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.