- Sports Equipment
- $157,450.00 -157,450.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
2 Joy St
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.Description
Converse was established in 1908 and is a brand with a deep connection to our consumers around the globe. We look to unleash their creative spirit by delivering compelling product and experiences. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Converse Operations our mission is to \"be the accelerator for growth by delivering premium consumer experiences\". We strive to excel on maximizing our Service level and Quality while optimizing our Inventory and Costs. We believe this is possible by investing in the right Talent and building a excellent leadership bench.
Within the Converse Operations team, the NA Compliance & Trade team is setting a bold strategic vision to deliver merchandise at a pace that meets our consumer's demand, while at the same time ensuring the organization is compliant with all Customs laws within the North American region. Reporting directly to the Manager of NA Compliance & Trade, In this role you will be tasked with ensuring we are aware of the everchanging landscape in trade for the region.
- Ensure compliance with US & Canadian Customs for Converse exports and imports by supporting the daily review of import/export documentation to ensure full compliance with CBP and other government regulatory agency requirements.
- Determine proper classification of product under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and maintain Converse Inc. product dictionary to assure accurate payment of duties and fees, plus timely flow of product for Footwear, Apparel and accessories.
- Assist with the maintenance of Converse's Trade Compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Assist with Supply Chain Security Programs - CTPAT, PIP
- Constantly review USCBP, COAC and other industry resources, stay current CBP Trade Programs and Free Trade Agreements.
- Research U.S. Customs Trade Programs to determine pros, cons, benefits to Converse and affects to the business.
- Assist with gathering of KPIs to ensure is Customs Compliance team is achieving key business objectives.
- Provide data for Duty Drawback filing for both US & Canada
- Support & guide cross functional areas such as Converse distribution centers, legal, accounting, finance, and product development (apparel/footwear) to meet all Customs and regulatory compliance standards
- Review Customs & industry related resources, to ensure Converse maintains compliance with all customs regulations and alert leadership to potential issues
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the North America import logs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain discipline or related experience
- 2 years Customs, Importer or related industry compliance experience preferred. U.S. Customs Broker's license a plus.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to research, process & disseminate industry related data
- Proficient with and/or working knowledge of various software offerings (Microsoft Office Suite, etc)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to present in a group setting and to leadership
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Associated topics: controller, director, finance director, operational manager, organizational culture, president finance, recruit, senior director, supervise, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...