- Selective Insurance
- $106,920.00 -102,150.00/year*
228 St Paul St
The purpose of this position is to lead a general Liability claims litigation team. The claims leader will achieve Selective' s loss and claims expense objectives, as well as deliver excellent claims service to customers. The claims supervised are those in litigation and may involve complex and large monetary exposures. This claims leader must provide continuous training, coaching and feedback to the members of their claims team. The claims leader must foster business partnerships with other company departments, including field agency management and inside underwriting teams.
Must have expertise in commercial general liability litigation, including coverage, contractual risk transfer and legal issues. Members of team may handle multiple jurisdictions with specific knowledge required in New Jersey, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. These duties are performed consistent with company claims policies and procedures, prescribed authority and standards of performance.
Preferance, is one of our north east office locations in Hamilton, NJ, Allentown, PA and Branchville, NJ. However, for the right candidate we would consider other office locations.
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors activities of a claims litigation unit in order to obtain and ensure an accurate, quality product while maintaining high production standards and performance standards.
- Schedules, prioritizes, and distributes workflow of litigation unit to ensure work is done in a timely fashion and all deadlines are met.
- Audits procedures and controls to ensure compliance with company and statutory requirements. Will provide statistical data to management to ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and state regulations.
- Provides technical assistance to members of staff and assist them with the disposition of litigated claims with attorneys, insureds, and claimants.
- Reviews completed adjustments for corrections and authorizes payments when required.
- Establishes and adjusts claims reserves.
- Recognizes fraudulent claims activity that would be subject to SIU referral in accordance with company guidelines and subsequent referral to law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and implements claims audit recommendations on a continuous basis.
- Reviews consumer/agency complaints.
- Maintains a direct diary on litigated claims and an override diary on other selected claims.
College degree required.
5+ years Litigation Experience required
5+ years General Liability experience required
3+ years supervisory experience of technical level staff
Associated topics: attorney firm, child custody, consultant, customer, criminal law, divorce, lawyer, law firm, law office, litigation defense firm
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...