Sasol (USA) Corporation is building a world-scale ethane cracker and derivatives complex adjacent to its existing site near Westlake in Calcasieu Parish. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. Manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for a Learning Consultant to work at our Lake Charles Chemical Complex located in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
* Facilitate training per the Sasol North America (SNA) Training Plan
* Identify and analyze training needs of SNA sites, workgroups, and individuals
* Follow internal processes for coordination of training events
* Design and develop training materials for instructor-led and online programs to include presentations, instructor and participant guides, job aids, examinations, skills demonstrations and computer based trainings (CBT)
* Possess and leverage areas of specialization pertaining to the chemical industry and be able to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts (SME) to meet development needs
* Serve as Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator, creating, assigning and manage employee curricula
* Provide exceptional learning solutions and customer service to all SNA employees
* Demonstrate commitment to excellence and team collaboration
* Align with mandated Business Unit training plans
* Serve as Help Desk support for the Learning Management System (LMS) and other software applications
* Create and distribute reports utilizing LMS and Microsoft Excel
* Other projects as assigned by the Learning Specialist
* Relevant Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science or related field
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Training Development, Delivery and/or Instructional Design using Adult Learning Principles
* Master's degree preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include presentation and public speaking skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
* Petrochemical industry experience preferred
* LMS and/or database experience preferred
* SuccessFactors experience a plus
* Knowledge of regulatory compliance training (OSHA, Environmental, DOT, etc.) preferred
* Advanced to Expert skills in Microsoft Office; specifically Microsoft Word & Excel
* Proficiency using design and/or e-learning authoring tools. Articulate Storyline, Adobe InDesign preferred
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.
Associated topics: college, early education, education, faculty, instructor, lecturer, professor, student, trainer, tutor