Director (or Senior Counsel) of Business & Legal Affairs - Tech Trans & Product Counsel (Levittown)
Compensation: $139,050.00 - $139,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director (or Senior Counsel) of Business & Legal Affairs - Tech Trans & Product Counsel
About Roku :
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
The Role and Responsibilities
Roku, Inc. is seeking an experienced and self-motivated attorney with a strong technology transactions background to join its legal team. You will provide legal guidance to some of the most interesting and novel issues arising in the TV streaming industry. This position will provide legal support to Rokus products and services from the initial stages of design and development through launch and implementation. In this role, you will:
- Structure, draft and negotiate technology transactions affecting Rokus business, including but not limited to software and technology licenses, development agreements, Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements, and manufacturing, supply, distribution and sale agreements.
- Support product launches in the U.S., EMEA, LATAM, Canada and other countries by providing guidance on a wide range of legal issues inherent in new and evolving products and features, including consumer protection, IP, and privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of Roku business units, including product, engineering, operations, HR, IT and marketing and sales teams.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in the laws, regulations and industry trends applicable to Big Data, OTT, IOT and smart devices, including federal and state data privacy laws, consumer protection laws, and other guidance from relevant agencies.
The successful candidate must be able to draft agreements from scratch and juggle multiple complex matters simultaneously and independently without supervision. You must demonstrate the ability to translate legal requirements into actionable advice. You must have a good, general understanding of Internet technology and cloud computing technology, keen analytical abilities and excellent judgment, a pragmatic approach to problem solving, flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly changing, and the ability to make smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information. The role requires an entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to work independently. This is an amazing opportunity to play a key role in supporting the companys rapid growth.
Specific background should include:
- At least 10 years of transactional legal experience with an emphasis on technology licensing (in both hardware and software) and related professional services, at both a law firm and in a corporate legal department.
- A good understanding of data protection and privacy issues and concerns in the context of technology transactions.
- Some experience advising on data privacy, data protection and the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space.
- Working knowledge of marketing law, including familiarity with FTC guidance, CAN-SPAM, and a proven ability to quickly learn new areas of law.
- A passion for technology and ability to understand complex technology and product use cases quickly.
- Bachelors degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of California.
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, company, compliance, corporate attorney, court, courtroom, legal affairs, llp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...