The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more..
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs..
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today..
What You?ll Do.
As a foundational member of our fast-growing regulatory team, you?ll be the main PoC for the business on a wide array of regulatory and related matters across the US. You?ll also work closely with the policy team on regulatory strategy and lobbying efforts while partnering with the rest of our legal teams to constantly peer around corners and anticipate potential future issues. Moreover, you?ll play a key role in shaping and building the regulatory team. In short, our business is evolving daily. So, if you?re looking for a massive amount of responsibility with an awesome team in an incredibly fast-moving environment, this could be the role for you!
Guide the Business.
- Provide strategic counsel and advisement on state and local laws governing the launch and operation of our business lines, from land-use and zoning to health, food, business regulation and more.
- Be the ?go-to? lawyer for our Ops teams around the country on anything touching the regulatory space or impacting day-to-day operations.
- Work closely with local legal and policy experts to develop strategies to solve regulatory obstacles.
- Identify potential issues with new business lines and partner with the business to find paths forward.
Build the Team.
- As a core part of regulatory team, work with the global head of regulatory to continually improve the team?s ability to address the needs of the business.
- Be a part of building a legal department that can support the pace of an early-stage, hyper-growth startup.
What We Want From You.
- Excitement to work in an ever-changing, hyper-growth startup environment.
- A proactive mindset and desire to build new things.
- You?re the kind of person who craves ownership and diving in on new things.
- Experience advising on a wide array of regulatory issues and comfort working with unfamiliar subject matter.
- 7+ years of legal experience to be considered for senior counsel role or 10+ yrs to be considered for the assistant general counsel role.
- Prior in-house experience is a plus, especially in a high-growth company and/or industries subject to extensive regulation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Willingness to travel (~15-25%).
What We?ll Provide.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone. .
- Work is performed in a professional office environment..
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, company, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, lawyer, legal, legal department
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...