Requisition ID 135058BR Date updated 03/05/2019
This position has the possibility of being remote for the right individual.
The Senior Principal Subcontract Specialist will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with international suppliers. These activities would include strategic sourcing, supplier development, supplier performance management, export/import compliance and establishment of complex business agreements/high dollar subcontracts in support of Department of Defense, Government and International contracts.
The Senior Principal Subcontract Specialist is responsible for providing consistent oversight and evaluation of supplier performance, including cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance. The Principal Subcontract Specialist will monitor the overall performance and reporting of the subcontractor's daily activities to support the achievement of prime contract requirements and program goals; ensuring continual assessment of risks and opportunities; and supporting active management of these to achieve flawless program execution.
The ideal candidate will draw from extensive program/subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontractor execution in alignment with program objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Placement of Purchase Orders that are of Medium to High Complexity
* Develop Import/Export plans while adhering to compliance guidelines
* Lead formal Negotiations
* Manage Flexibly Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
* Maintain compliance with Federal and State Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
* Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
* Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop complex strategic sourcing and pricing agreements
* Manage supplier performance to cost, delivery/schedule, and quality, technical and programmatic/contractual requirements.
* Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques
* Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation plans and develop solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
* A minimum o f8 years' experience in a similar position which may include progressive work in a contract/subcontract, procurement, purchasing, supply chain or buyer/supplier related role
* Earned Value and Integrated Master Planning/Scheduling experience
* Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
* Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external customer base
* Strong written, verbal and listening skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Business or other related field
Desired Experience, Skills & Education:
* Experience placing subcontracts and managing contract performance
* Past international business experience or contracting experience
* Working knowledge of Raytheon's Supply Chain policies/procedures
* Supply Chain certification (CPM, CPSM, CPIM, APICS, etc.)
* Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations Management or any major related to the job description
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.