NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations , a children's hospital , three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center , a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine , which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org , and interact with us on Facebook , Twitter , YouTube and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Paralegal - Research.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for supporting attorneys in the Office of General Counsel on contracting and other legal matters arising out of NYU Langone Healths research and education missions, intellectual property, technology transfer, industry interactions, and conflicts of interest.
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively coordinate with OGC attorneys in proofreading a variety of legal documents for clarity and grammar;
- Use reference materials and perform basic legal research using a variety of resources;
- Maintain legal files, filing system and databases, including document repository for research and education-related contracts;
- Work with OGC attorneys to create, maintain and update templates and the clause library in Determine, formerly Selectica, for research and education missions, intellectual property, technology transfer, and industry interactions/conflicts of interest matters used by the Office of Science & Research, the Office of Education, and the Conflict of Interest Management Unit and other clients;
- Compose correspondence and memoranda in connection with existing client matters;
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with business units to facilitate cooperation in carrying out responsibilities;
- Prioritize work while keeping appropriate attorney(s) apprised of project status;
- Lead other special projects, legal support tasks, and administrative duties as needed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a - Bachelors degree;
- Minimum of 3-5 years, paralegal or legal assistant experience in a law firm or in- house legal department;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; solution oriented;
- Ability to work effectively with internal staff and outside counsel and experience in working with diverse clients;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive and able to work well independently;
- Experience establishing and maintaining complex filing systems and ability to organize and analyze large volumes of information and documents;
- Excellent judgment and communication skills; and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; and
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects under pressure on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Experience with a contract management system;
- Experience in reviewing biomedical research or intellectual property contracts and licenses; and
- Employment experience related to university or academic medical center research.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
NYU Langone Health
Legal+Regulatory Affairs-Adm (C263)
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...