Responsible for maintaining client relationships by coordinating administration of complex fiduciary, investment management, estate settlement, guardianship, and/or custody accounts. This Partner establishes and maintains the account, responds to client inquiries, produces action plans and reports, and oversees transaction processing in coordination with the Client Support Services Team. The partner assists Wealth Management Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators and/or Client Advisors with client requests, meetings, business development and creating client presentations.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Coordinates account administration for fiduciary, investment management, estate settlement, guardianship, and/or custody accounts for complex client relationships.
2. Develops and maintains working knowledge of governing documents and account agreements.
3. Receives service requests from clients and partners, and communicates to service partners; obtains appropriate information from partners and clients to facilitate service changes or transactions
4. Coordinates resolution of client issues; informs client of steps taken to resolve requests or problems.
5. Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client servicing events and ensures execution and follow-up; communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, document requests, or other information.
6. Engages the Client Support Services Team on execution of client servicing events, account opening and closing, cash movement, and fee set-ups.
7. Assists Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators, and/or Client Advisors in account acceptance process, discretionary request analysis and process, compliance management and annual account review process; ensures appropriate documentation is collected and imaged; ensures systems information is up-to-date; ensures accurate set up and review of fees; documents services provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity.
8. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of various business applications critical to relationship management including client on-line tools.
9. Assists Trust Advisors, Estate Settlement Administrators, Guardianship Administrators, and/or Client Advisors with business development and client presentations. Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
10. Able to serve as a key subject-matter expert and mentor to other more junior-level employees
11. May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior-level employees (but not a formal management role)
12. More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
13. Delivers a work product that requires less revision
14. Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred. JD or Legal experience is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in financial servicing or related experience/credentials preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge of personal trust, estate, guardian and Advisory services and products, usually acquired through related work experience, is required
- Knowledge of internal bank trust functions is required
- Analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $135 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management