Sr. Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs Direct-To-Consumer & Digital Ent (Middletown)
Compensation: $165,260.00 - $165,260.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sr. Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs Direct-To-Consumer & Digital Ent
- Providing high level advice including counsel and risk assessment on campaigns and activations.
- Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements related to the advertising, marketing, promotion, publicity and exploitation of films, television shows, short form content and related IP, on Peacock, including licensing agreements; sponsorship, product placement, promotion and brand integration agreements; and agreements related to the production, development and exploitation of creative content.
- Conducting rights review and analysis of distribution, acquisition and talent agreements.
- Reviewing creative materials and advising on clearance and rights issues, and preparing necessary materials releases.
- Providing advice on legal compliance and drafting terms and conditions, official rules and release forms for competitions, contests and sweepstakes.
- Advising on compliance with MPAA, FTC, NAD, COPPA and CARU guidelines, cases and decisions.
- In consultation with Labor & Employment team, advising on SAG/AFTRA and SAG Commercials Contract issues related to advertising, marketing and exploitation.
- Providing regular training to cross functional business departments on marketing-related legal issues and risks.
- In consultation with Privacy legal team, providing privacy-related advice in connection with promotions, marketing games, email and mobile campaigns.
- Helping to draft and advise on policies for social media, branded and custom content integrations, engagement of influencers and native advertising.
- Working with Business Affairs & Legal executives in Content & Production Risk, IP, Distribution, Litigation, Consumer Products, Ad Sales and Home Entertainment towards the development and implementation of consistent provisions and policies related to marketing across NBCUniversal.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Member of the New York State Bar, or willingness and qualification to be Registered in-house Counsel.
- 7+ years of legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department of a major media company, with at least 4 years of experience in marketing and advertising matters.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills enabling the candidate to work with multiple personalities and styles at all levels of the organization.
- Highly detail oriented and organized with exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with a very strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team but also independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, leadership, and management skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It?s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU?s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It?s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal?s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainm...
Let employers find you
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed
Associated topics: attorney, company, compliance department, corporate, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal affairs, legal department, llp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...