Human Resources Business Partner - Legal & Compliance
Compensation: $120,495.00 - $120,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Human Resources Department within Morgan Stanley is looking for a Director to join the HR Coverage team that supports the Legal and Compliance Division. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of strategic Human Resource professionals, dedicated to serving our clients in all aspects of their day-to-day needs. The individual will act as a primary HR contact on employee relations, career development, diversity initiatives and annual processes including year-end compensation, promotions, talent review and performance management.
In this role, the individual will have a high level of client interaction, supporting employees at various levels, including Managing Directors, as well as partner with colleagues across the global Human Resources Department.
Actively work with business leaders and employees to support the day-to-day needs of the client groups including:
- Ensure proper support in all the steps of the "employees' life cycle".
- Provide oversight of the global HR processes such as 360/performance evaluation, promotion and compensation, and talent.
- Work with the HR Data team as required to produce compensation and promotion analytics.
- Ensure we are creating and maintaining consistent policies across the organization and working with appropriate partners when adjustments need to be made.
- Manage employee relations issues, including partnering with Employee Relations and/or Employment Law on internal investigations.
- Advise managers on the resolution of employee relations and performance management issues, provide coaching, counseling and conflict resolution.
- Advise managers and employees on mobility and international transfer scenarios as required,; ensure best practices and cost effectiveness
- Partner with the business and Recruiting teams on campus and experienced candidate hiring strategy. Understand and apply applicable policies and approvals processes.
- Partner with the business and learning & development to identify and execute on training and development opportunities.
- Partner with the business and with the Diversity and Inclusion Team to help drive the business' diversity agenda forward.
- Analyze Employee Engagement Survey results and collaborate with the business to advise on possible solutions or new initiatives.
- Ensure participation and HR representation in cross divisional projects and committees, as well as participation in People Committees (i.e., Training, Culture, Mobility, etc.).
- Engagement in Adhoc projects.
- Undergraduate degree
- 7 years of HR/Generalist experience
- Financial Services experience is preferred
- Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse client base and to engender trust and credibility with managers at all levels and with HR colleagues
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Capability to manage difficult conversations and stressful situations
- Must be a team player and self-starter, with strong attention to detail & project management skills
- Must be flexible and able to work in a high volume, fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to interact remotely with clients and handle high volumes of work.
- Ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization.
- Must be proactive with the enthusiasm to share new ideas and create solutions for HR initiatives and client challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.) is preferred
- Various customised HR databases
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...