The employer is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and systems integrator of high performance precision motion and fluid controls systems for a broad range of applications in aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
- Provide leadership of trade compliance function and systems that supports global business objectives and satisfies international legal requirements both imports and exports. Provides advice and guidance to senior leadership and company personnel on the application of government import and export regulations, with primary emphasis on U.S. regulations.
- Assumes the leadership role, subject to legal oversight and counsel, in operating an import I export compliance systems to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Act as a designated \"empowered official\" with all its responsibilities and serve as the company's primary liaison with U.S. Department of State (Directorate of Defense Trade Controls), Customs and Border Protection, Department of Commerce (Bureau of Industry and Security), and other applicable government agencies relative to import and export control.
- Partner with corporate and operation functions such as Legal, Finance, Tax, Research & Development, and Supply Chain to ensure that personnel in all functions understand import I export compliance as it relates to their work, the sale of company products and services, the operation of supply chain processes, and the general conduct of business. Specifically, ensures the integration of trade compliance work activities into other functions' work streams to deliver compliance reliability and coordinates risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure export licenses in accordance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and other applicable regulations are accurate, timely, and consistent. Responsible for ensuring that all sites and operating divisions maintain processes in compliance with ITAR, EAR, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements, and applicable international trade regulations.
- Responsible for adequate training being provided to all internal and external stakeholders on relevant international regulations.
- Establish and administer corporate methodology for determining valuation and tariff classification; audit Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classifications and trade program eligibility. Provide guidance with regard to content origin for all preferential treatment, domestic content, and free trade agreement programs and regularly review and validate HTS classifications.
- Notify and support the legal function in handling and remediating trade related violations. Conduct internal investigations related to trade compliance under the direction of legal counsel.
- BA/BS Degree plus MBA, JD or International Trade related advance degree.
- 10+ years of experience establishing and working in U.S. based import/export compliance systems with international responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering trade compliance training.
- Must qualify as a \"U.S. Person\" as defined in the ITAR and EAR. Expert understanding of U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, CBP).
- Experience working with international customs and export control laws highly preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically as well as internationally, as required.
- Customs Broker License would be an asset.
Associated topics: attorney, business, company, compliance department, compliance office, court, courtroom, internal, legal department, market