Compliance Director - Privacy
Compensation: $178,775.00 - $178,775.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Location: United States ?:? New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
This position is a Management role in MetLife?s U.S. Compliance organization specifically responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management and supervision of the U.S. Compliance Privacy team. The position manages 4-6 associates and reports to the Vice President of U.S. Compliance. Responsibilities include meeting regularly with key stakeholders (including members of the Senior Leadership Team), working with businesses and functions to implement new and changing laws and regulations, managing day-to-day elements of the Privacy program, including personal data incident management, training, testing and monitoring. This position is also responsible for providing advice on emerging privacy risks.
- Manage a Compliance Program of 4-5 associates.
- Develop comprehensive compliance programs to address privacy risk impacting U.S. Businesses or functions (includes non-U.S. countries in which the U.S. businesses operate).
- Participate in business and function strategic initiatives and provide relevant compliance advice and effective challenge.
- Provide advice to business and function leaders on emerging privacy risks.
- Develop and execute a risk-based monitoring and testing program.
- Make recommendations to senior CEC and business / function management regarding process improvements and additional control implementation to ensure compliance with company standards and regulations.
- Independently manage complex projects from initial stages through final implementation.
- Prepare reports and communications for senior business, function and CEC management.
- Complete all performance management and career development activities for his/her direct reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA, or CPA a plus; Financial or Insurance industry professional certifications or designations a plus
- Minimum of 6-10 years relevant business experience, with prior compliance, legal, risk management, or audit experience preferred.
- Superior knowledge of supervisory and controls processes and policies governing business ethics, practices and regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment surrounding our business activities and operations.
- Knowledge of Company operations, systems and transactions, or Company financial products and services.
- Key Competencies: (1) communicates effectively; (2) builds relationships; (3) manages performance effectively; and (4) develops talent.
- Strong track record of managing people and driving results from others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Experience interacting with employees at various levels of an organization
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring adherence to corporate policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Share Point, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to expand knowledge and to adapt to new situations and changing environments
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Legal Affairs / Corporate Ethics and Compliance
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we?re leading the global transformation of an industry we?ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we?re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.?
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Associated topics: alumni, business, endowment, event, market, marketplace, newspaper, policy, public relations, solicitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...