- MassMutual Financial Group
- $108,676.67 -134,310.00/year*
45 Pidgeon Dr
Since 1851, MassMutuals commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. Were people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, were stronger.
The Compliance Solutions & Operations team, part of Compliance & Ethics, is seeking a versatile, highly motivated Compliance Consultant to join our team. The team is responsible for Compliance Operations, Continuous Improvement, maintaining Compliance Applications and Data Management. This position will report to the Head of Compliance Operations & Solutions, and partner with the C & E leadership team, as well as Data Intelligence team and Compliance partners within MMUS Compliance, to build and execute on automation concepts, robotics, and data aggregation.
Our ideal candidate will support the implementation of automation software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses to support Compliance reporting and data intelligence. He/She will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, and deployment of automated reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards etc.) and applying data visualization techniques. He/She will leverage tools such as Tableau, SQL, Micro Strategy, VBA, and Alteryx to perform data integration, data visualization, and report development.
- Work independently, responsible for performing complex compliance analysis, monitoring, and reporting
- Collaborate with compliance partners to gather, interpret and analyze business requirements and use cases, develop concepts, functional specifications and mock ups via iterative practices
- Design reporting solutions (dashboards, scorecards, etc.) that meet use cases/requirements, as well as achieve ease of usability and self-service capabilities
- Design automated workflows using all available tools, including Micro Strategy, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, VBA, other BI tools
- Write efficient SQL queries for report or dashboard development
- Manage/develop automated workflows and data integration leveraging SQL, views, data extractions and APIs; ensures accuracy through testing and auditing of data
- Identify automation opportunities within Client Acquisition processing to generate time/ROI efficiencies
- Conduct data exploration and analysis on issues and proactively recommend enhancement solutions
- Lead analysis efforts to troubleshoot issues, determine root causes, and implement solutions
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of design, development, testing and deployment activities
- Collaborate with others to curate Compliance & Ethics Data Governance materials
- Recommend changes to drive expected results and mitigate risk while balancing cost and benefits
- Proactively strengthen knowledge base of data sources across the enterprise and data dictionaries
Core Competencies & Values:
- Seeks out new opportunities, asks bold questions, and embraces new ideas and methods
- Creates a welcoming environment that values peoples differences and contributions
- Embraces and reflects diverse cultures, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
Acts with Integrity
- Is fair, honest and empathetic
Improves and Innovates
- Understands how work impacts our business and constantly looks for ways to create a better customer experience
- Gives and receives feedback consistently and takes action to improve oneself and help others
Gets Things Done
- Works collaboratively to move work forward and implement on commitments
Focuses on the Customer
- Understands our customers and put their needs first
Risk Awareness & Management
- Identifies, assesses and mitigates compliance risk in order to support the organizations strategic goals. Provides the right advice, using the right approach, at the right time
- Strong knowledge of insurance, retirement, and financial services industry (minimum 5 years related experience preferred)
- Expert/Strong/Proven Experience writing complex SQL to validate reports and tuning report query performance
- Advanced MS Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, Micro Strategy skills are required (Vertica and ETL knowledge beneficial)
- Experience in developing self-serve analytics tools
- Ability to formalize and standardize process flows and quality control procedures
- Expert/Strong/Proven Ability to join large internal datasets with complementary 3rd-Party data
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to partner with database developers to create and transfer large data extracts; deliver quality results
- Expert/Strong/Proven Experience with leading/driving key initiatives working with cross functional teams to successfully implement (critical compliance projects, problem solutions and continuous improvement efforts etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings as well as present complex information in compelling and easy-to-understand visualizations
- Customer Centric: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Learning Agility: open to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Time Management; Expert/Strong/ Proven Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, maintain focus and prioritize
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a Worlds Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. Its more than our company structure its our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
We respect and learn from each others diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better everyone, every day.
For more information, visit ****************** or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data manager, data quality, data warehouse, data warehousing, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...