Fraud Detection Analyst
Compensation: $107,876.67 - $142,720.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
HOURS OF WORK: 2:30 P.M. TO COMPLETION, MONDAY - FRIDAY
Monitors account activity in near real-time environment to take action
to minimize Bank fraud losses.
* Review transaction data from the real-time fraud detection system
and other reporting sources and complete additional research in
various internal and external systems to identify potentially
* Place appropriate holds on accounts identified as having
potentially fraudulent issues, document action taken and track
status through resolution to provide a record of activity and
support identification of trends or consistent issues.
* Contact customers by phone, mail and email to verify transactions
and resolve fraud-related account issues.
* Serve as Fraud Subject Matter Expert and communicate with
customers, merchants, financial institutions, law enforcement and
Bank personnel on a professional level to resolve potential
fraud-related issues and provide information.
* Ensure activities comply with applicable laws and regulations
impacting card fraud detection activities to protect Company and
* Communicate with customers, merchants and Visa personnel to
authenticate customers and provide verbal authorizations or
respond to fraud in progress.
* Remain current on counterfeit and other fraud trends impacting the
Bank s portfolios. Recommend changes to fraud detection system
parameters to higher management to optimize fraud detection while
minimizing negative customer impact.
* Acquire and maintain ability to rapidly navigate multiple
mainframe systems to locate information and complete account
* Use specified software applications to manage and share
information within the department as appropriate.
* Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the
Company s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing
escalation to management.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
* Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Associate s degree,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 2 years higher education or related work
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent word
processing, database and spreadsheet software packages
Experience with the Windows operating system
Experience communicating effectively with all levels of personnel
Experience making decisions quickly and accurately as well as handling
multiple tasks simultaneously
Displayed ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work holidays and be flexible in terms of work scheduling
Education and Experience Preferred:
Experience or coursework in a financial crime or law enforcement
Customer service experience in a specialist or supervisory role
Experience working in a team environment, with proven track record of
Proven analytical skills
Amherst, New York, United States of America
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...