Bankruptcy Specialist II
Compensation: $136,835.00 - $136,835.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position is an integral role within M&T s Mortgage Bankruptcy team that will execute day to day functions including the monitoring of an assigned bankruptcy portfolio to ensure all appropriate actions are being taken timely. Incumbent is responsible to monitor the account from Proof of Claim filing to removal ensuring correct coding is on the account, application of payments is accurate, incoming calls are handled and referrals to Attorney Firms for legal action are made timely when applicable.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Conduct audits on loans in bankruptcy to ensure they are current in bankruptcy status, and determine if any follow up is required.
- Work as a liaison between M&T's bankruptcy counsel ('Attorney Firms ) and M&T on a daily basis. Conduct research on loan audits, payment status, and loan status. If disputed, contact appropriate department for clarifying information and send to attorneys.
- Monitor payment plans to ensure customers do not default. Take necessary steps to file appropriate actions when the loan does default.
- Monitor all stops and flags on the account monthly to ensure that appropriate actions are being taken given the status of the account.
- Reconcile Corporate Advance systems to ensure fees are appropriate.
- Determine if funds can be applied to the account.
- Answer incoming calls and communicate with customers to answer questions and process payments.
- Audit accounts monthly to ensure that funds are being applied appropriately under the bankruptcy plan.
- Review and respond to interdepartmental tasks timely.
- Monitor any bankruptcy correspondence and enter into the system ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Obtain files from attorney and verify all figures are correct, gain approval and then file.
- Prepare, review and respond to any court documents that are filed within the bankruptcy case, including notice of final cure, objections to motion for relief, post-petition fee notices, etc.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position interacts with internal M&T Bank departments and external third-party Attorney Firm vendors.Education and Experience Required:
A combined 3 years experience and/or higher education, including a minimum of 1 year of Mortgage Default and/or Bankruptcy experience.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Motivated, team player with a positive and friendly attitude.
Understanding of collections servicing systems.Education and Experienced Preferred:
3 years of Mortgage Default and/or Bankruptcy experience.
Knowledge of M&T Bank systems.Location
Getzville, New York, United States of AmericaJob Requirements:
Associated topics: collections officer, credit, financial record, loan, loan clerk, loan closer, loan collections officer, loan interviewer, process, verification
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...