Commercial Litigation Paralegal
Employment Type: Full-Time
Legal Assistant/Paralegal - Commercial LitigationPosition Summary
The Junior Legal Assistant is a member of a team that handles all international litigation for a major social media client, including matters implicating international data protection, defamation, hosting provider liability, privacy and censorship laws.
The Junior Legal Assistant will be part of a team responsible for first-level review, processing, tracking, and implementing established strategy for all new cases received. The Junior Legal Assistant will also be responsible for preparing weekly/monthly summaries of new case and developments, tracking various litigation statistics, maintaining matter database, and contributing to development of technology and processes for managing global litigationDuties and Accountabilities
This position will be required to:
- Review new matters received on a daily basis and prepare short summaries for each matter.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of matter flow.
- Track matter flow and maintain up-to-date case files.
- Create/maintain databases, charts, graphs, tables, etc. for data analysis.
- Utilize litigation support software programs and other spreadsheet and database programs as needed to perform client projects.
- Prepare daily time entries for services performed.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.3
- Litigation law firm experience (2-4 years) required
- Native or advance proficiency in Portuguese is require
Location and Reporting
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work under pressure and with a variety of personalities.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and long hours.
- Excellent professional references.
- Good judgment.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This is a role based in the Los Angeles office. * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...