REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT ATTORNEY - LEGAL COUNSEL
Lendlease, a leading property and construction company, is seeking a junior real estate attorney for its commercial property development projects. The successful candidate will have sophisticated national transactional real estate experience working with developers, lenders and institutional investors in transactions involving the development and financing of large commercial real estate projects, including in joint ventures and co-investments, complex acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets, debt and equity and real estate finance. Excellent academic background, as well as strong writing, organization and communication skills is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Expertise in drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of complex contracts and agreements for large-scale real estate development projects in multi-family residential, commercial office, mixed use and other asset classes.
* Experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating joint venture and partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements and leases, mezzanine loan and preferred equity agreements, real estate mortgage financing, letters of intent, confidentiality and consulting agreements, and related contracts.
* Review and interpret contracts related to the operation and management of the Company s various development projects, and provide legal advice including administration of contracts in accordance with Company policies and legal requirements.
* Provide legal counsel to management on matters such as business strategic planning, claims and disputes, contracts with suppliers, licenses, and protecting intellectual property, related to the acquisition and development of real property assets.
* Provide legal counsel in the preparation of bids and proposals.
* Provide legal services related to the dissolution and wind-up of discontinued businesses, joint ventures or completed projects.
* Review and interpret the requirements of governmental agencies, laws, statutes, rules, regulations and court decisions; advise on new legislative and regulatory requirements and recommend changes to policies and processes, as appropriate.
* Identify, monitor and assist in managing risks to the Company, including maintaining close contact with industry organizations to become aware of and understand inherent emerging risks that could affect the Company s operations.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and admitted to a state bar.
* Minimum of 3+ years relevant legal experience, including demonstrated knowledge and experience in large-scale commercial and residential property development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, commercial financing, joint ventures, partnerships, and infrastructure development.
* Demonstrated ability to manage large scale real estate transactions and closings.
* Strong planning, organizational and management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
* Strong negotiation and people/social skills.
* Excellent client relations, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
* Ability to perform with an elevated level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity.
LENDLEASE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, compliance, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, internal, legal, llp