The Explosive Compliance Administrator will support the review of explosives policies that impact or support associated programs at closed or realigned installations, including reviewing safety submissions and munitions response proposals.
* Directly reporting to Demand Planning Manager
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
* Review and comment on explosives safety policies, instructions, and standards, prepare or review explosives safety board submissions, evaluate program progress.
* Provide expert advice and assistance with evaluating hazards presented by unexploded ordnance, discarded munitions, munitions constituents, and munitions debris or other materials.
* Review results of H&S compliance audits and inspections with management, provide recommendations for correction (and prevention of recurrence) of non-compliance findings, and identify necessary follow-up measures to ensure future compliance.
* Write and review technical reports and review and evaluate new H&S standards, procedures, drawings, and diagrams for conformance to DOE standards and other applicable requirements.
* Advise Laboratory scientists, engineers, and other programmatic personnel in developing solutions to moderately complex safety-related problems and provide technical explosives safety support.
* Investigate explosives accidents/incidents for possible causes, prepare necessary documentation and recommend appropriate measures to eliminate or mitigate reoccurrence, and provide emergency response support to safety incidents on-site.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific, technical or health and safety related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience in explosives safety applicable to laboratory research as well as related state and federal regulations and other consensus standards.
* Experience preparing safety plans and technical reports (e.g., FSPs, SARs, DAPs); conducting safety audits and inspections, and successfully working potential compliance issues with program customers, and external inspectors and regulators.
* Experience providing emergency response and participation in the investigation of incidents or accidents involving hazards relating to industrial safety.
Competencies & Key Behaviors
* Demonstrate analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills to evaluate, interpret, negotiate, recommend and implement actions/solutions for moderately complex problems.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and to present and communicate technical information to all levels of management both internal and external to the Laboratory, including regulatory agencies and key stakeholders.
* Demonstrate effective organizational skills with detail orientation necessary to handle multiple moderately complex tasks in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities, tight and changing deadlines, and frequent interruptions while providing high-level customer service and good follow through.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
* Office/Lab: This job operates in a professional office/lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws that prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, religion, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Associated topics: business, compliance, corporate attorney, counsel, court, internal, lawyer, legal, legal department, llp