Long Term Disability Claims Case Manager
Compensation: $92,676.67 - $102,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
The Long Term Disability (LTD) Claims Case Manager is responsible for making accurate decisions on assigned claims through proactive case management according to the plan provisions, state and federal guidelines, and established protocols. This position consults with other team members, as well as, the Professional Resource Team to assist claimants with return to work efforts when the capability and opportunity exist.
The LTD Claims Case Manager can be located in multiple locations including Bethlehem, PA; Plano, TX; Holmdel, NJ or remote.
This position utilizes problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills to deliver timely and appropriate disability claim decisions while providing superior customer service to all internal and external customers. This position partners with coworkers to broaden and enhance their knowledge of complex claim handling. The LTD Claims Case Manager administers claims within a variety of group sizes ranging from small (2 lives) to large market (1000 lives). This position is responsible for determining integrated income to ensure appropriate financial risk and accurate payments are made. The LTD Claims Case Manager is responsible for ensuring all plan provisions are met through the duration of the claim. The LTD Claims Case Manager consults with legal, investigative resources, and financial specialists.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to exercise independent & sound judgment in decision making
* Ability to analyze evidence for discrepancies
* Ability to conduct research using multiple techniques
* Excellent time management & organizational skills
* Multitasking with the ability to manage continually changing priorities and ability to prioritize work based on customer service needs and departmental regulations
* Self-motivated & able to work independently
* Ability to work collaboratively with multiple professional disciplines and with diverse populations
* Basic computer skills & knowledge, including Microsoft office
* Understanding of medical terminology and medical conditions helpful
* Continuously strives to provide superior products and customer service
* Expresses oneself in an open and honest manner
* Demonstrates self-awareness and embraces feedback
* Consult with the Professional Resource Team area to assess functionality and return to work potential by utilizing available resources
* Perform and complete timely change in definition investigations by utilizing the Professional Resource Team and outside vendor assistance
* Partner with the Short Term Disability team on large group claims for early interventions when claims are identified as having potential to transition to Long Term Disability in order to reduce potential risk exposure
* 4 year college degree preferred or equivalent work/education experience
* Minimum 2 years of Long Term Disability case management experience preferred
* Regulatory and Compliance experience a plus
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian? is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney firm, child custody, court, criminal law, law office, law practice, legal office, litigate, litigating
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...