- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- $112,020.00 -132,960.00/year*
149 Valleyview Dr
As an FBI Special Agent with expertise in the law, you'll have a career like no other. Your legal knowledge will apply to your casework, helping investigate criminal activity and identifying authorities and other entities tofurther investigations. You will have an opportunity to work with federal, state and local law enforcement officers and the intelligence community and you will assess the legal implications of tools, technologies and techniques used by the FBI. Your contributions will help further investigations and gain you exposure to all facets of operations at both Headquarters and within the 56 Field Offices.
As an FBI Special Agent, you will hone your skills at the highest level and tackle some of society's toughest challenges. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
What you'll need to succeed:
* Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to provide analysis and advice on legal issues and to communicate clearly both internally and externally.
* Be detail-oriented, yet keep a strategic focus.
* Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
* JD degree or BA/BS in a related legal field.
* Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
* Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
* The drive to make a difference in the communities you serve.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
The FBI Special Agent position requires significant commitment and dedication from you and your family, but it's an experience you will never forget. As a Special Agent, you will join an elite team of people committed to the highest standards. Our team has a mission like no other and our people are sought after as some of the best in their fields.
* Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
* Must have a bachelor's degree or master's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
* Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
* Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
* Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
* Meet all FBI physical requirements, be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy in Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
* Commit to serving as a Special Agent for a minimum of three years.
* Successfully complete approximately 20 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy.
* Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include odd hours, and be on call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
* Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...