Corporate Ethics and Compliance Manager - New York
Compensation: $165,260.00 - $165,260.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Corporate Ethics and Compliance Manager assists in ensuring that the Dragados affiliates maintain an effective, best practices compliance program, to prevent and detect violations of law and other misconduct, and to promote ethical practices and a commitment to compliance with the law.
- Manage and implement the Compliance Program at all of the affiliate companies of Dragados to ensure awareness at all levels of the organization and that said affiliates are complying with regulatory requirements.
- Plan and conduct compliance monitoring for all affiliate companies, including exercising oversight responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the affiliate's Compliance & Ethics Program
- Prepare and present periodic reports, including developing recommendations for corrective action, with regard to all ethics and compliance matters that affect the affiliates.
- Oversee and implement Compliance Program initiatives which match the local, state and federal government and construction regulatory environment (including, but not limited to, Federal Acquisition Regulations and DBE regulations) in which the affiliates operate.
- Investigate questions/concerns from employees and external entities. Provide general guidance and recommendations to the affiliates and their employees in relation to compliance and ethical matters.
- Provide guidance, advice and recommendations to senior management on compliance and ethics matters.
- Develop and review a wide variety of corporate and entity policies/procedures.
- Report to the Dragados Ethics and Corporate Compliance Manager and executive management of the affiliates on ethics and compliance matters. Ensure coordination and build strong and effective relationships with other affiliate departments, including legal, human resources, finance, M/W/DBE Diversity Manager and information technologies, etc., to ensure effective implementation of the compliance and ethics program.
- Review and advise on contractual compliance issues in the jurisdictions in which the affiliates operate.
- Ensure that appropriate standards, practices, and internal controls, including a code of conduct, are adopted, published and explained to those affected.
- Ensure that each compliance risk area is identified and assessed periodically and appropriately addressed through the compliance and ethics program. Evaluate ethics and compliance performance under the Compliance Program.
- Manage the Ethics Helpline for affiliate companies according to government guidelines and in accordance with industry best practices. Coordinate with Dragados SVP Human Resources and Human Resource Managers of the affiliates as needed regarding employment/employee issues.
- Ensure that reports and other indications of possible misconduct are appropriately investigated, and that appropriate corrective action is taken promptly and effectively, including enhancements to the compliance program.
- Develop and maintain a central electronic repository for compliance and code of conduct requirements for: Compliance policies & procedures; Internal controls; Form (paper & electronic) and other information for disclosure of Conflict of Interest; and Other records related to Compliance and Code of Conduct.
- Create, implement, maintain and monitor policies and procedures as needed to support the affiliate's governmental, legal and legislative initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive professional experience in a related field
- Minimum 3+ year's experience focused primarily in corporate ethics and compliance function
- General knowledge of federal and state regulatory practices, including M/W/DBE and FAR
- Experience developing policies and procedures that impact multiple business units
- Excellent research and investigative skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and handle frequent work interruptions
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- General knowledge of minority business rules, regulations and practices.
- Ability to be flexible to meet affiliate's needs.
- General knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Ability for travel of approximately 25%-30%
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus
- EEO or Affirmative Action experience
Dragados Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: attorney corporate, company, compliance, compliance department, corporate, counsel, courtroom, legal, legal department, llp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...