Litigation Paralegal - Legal Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in the opportunity to join a great firm that supports its employees in finding the ideal work/family-life balance that fits each individual’s needs, we urge you to apply. Keep in mind, however, that this is a full-time career where you are expected to manage a caseload and 'be there' for our busy litigation attorneys. However, we might consider converting the position to 2 part-time jobs for the right candidates. If the following statements apply to you, then you may be the right person for the job:
- You think in terms of outlines, chronologies, and indexes.
- You see an opportunity for organization where other people see a mess.
- You smile when you answer the phone.
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail.
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet.
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”.
$40,000 - $50,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Interaction with clients via phone, email and face-to-face (providing outstanding customer service)
- Managing client information and organizing client files from open to close
- Docketing, scheduling and monitoring dates
- Drafting and proofreading contracts, pleadings and correspondence
- Assisting firm with current marketing efforts
- Copying and scanning documents
- Organizing and reviewing discovery with supervising attorneys
- E-filing in McHenry County and Lake County
- Researching legal issues
- Must be tech-savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to quickly learn new software applications. Experience with Smokeball practice management software is a plus
- Must be a people-person who is compassionate and curious
- Must be able to follow directions, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Must know how to prioritize a workload, adapt to changing priorities and stay motivated
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and be a superb proofreader
- Must have earned a paralegal certificate/degree or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience and ability
We are a small, yet established, McHenry County law firm focusing on foreclosure defense, family law and real estate. We are growing fast, and we need a skilled paralegal/legal assistant who can hit the ground running. We want to change the way our clients view their attorneys by becoming known for helping them navigate the legal, and often extremely emotional, process with compassion and understanding. In the end, we want them to feel as though they are in a better place and their situation was vastly improved by having a legal team behind them that truly cared and fought for them.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...