Job ID R90381 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Legal Counsel - Global Ethics & Compliance
Location: Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Legal Counsel in our Global Ethics & Compliance team in Round Rock, TX.
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving - and always fascinating.
We are looking for a highly qualified team member to add value to Dell's Legal department and serve as a strategic partner to the business. You will ensure that Dell maintains and operates a third party due diligence program within applicable U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other applicable anticorruption laws. This role reports to Senior Managing Director - Global Compliance in the Ethics & Compliance Office and is part of the Legal function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs and maintains an adequate and reasonable due diligence program for the regular review of third party intermediaries
* Leads and performs review of red flags and resolution in accordance with policies and standards and the U.S. FCPA and other corruption laws
* Analyzes, digests and thoughtfully resolves negative media reports, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) or other matters involving third party intermediaries
* Provides strategic and tactical compliance counsel to internal clients in support of Dell's anti-corruption and third party policies and standards and the U.S. FCPA and other corruption laws
* Maintains relationships with third party due diligence service providers (metrics, quarterly reviews, system launches, contract negotiation, advisory forums)
* Identifies opportunities for Dell Technologies-wide cost savings and efficiencies by driving synergies across multiple entities
* Applies thorough analysis and exceptional sense of judgement in determining steps and actions internal and external to Dell
* Utilizes due diligence and matter management systems for tracking, reporting, and accurate and complete systems of record
* Manages multiple cases in multiple geographies within designated client services levels and minimal exposure to Dell
* Participates in internal audit or external reviews of program and applies lessons learned
* Conducts regular benchmarking to ensure Dell's program is above industry standard, establishes emerging practices and aimed at continuous improvement
* Applies a \"smart risk\" approach that balances client needs and ease of doing business with Dell
* Teams with in-region and in-country counsel for the interpretation of local laws and execution of assigned supporting actions
* Provides client training on the risks involved in working with third parties and other topics as needed.
* Drafts written communication with third parties in the form of Engagement Letters and other vehicles
* Conducts work with integrity and responsibility
* J.D. plus admission to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
* 3+ years legal experience preferably in compliance, internal investigations and risk mitigation issues in a global business
* Proven global experience as a compliance counsel in a business environment
* Knowledge and understanding of various anti-corruption laws such as the U.S. FCPA
* Ability to anticipate legal compliance issues or risks and to \"see around the corner\"
* High degree of organizational agility, professional ethics and integrity
* Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
* Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to quickly learn due diligence management and matter management tools
* Outstanding communication skills
* Thrives in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
* A great executor: you get the job done
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to practice at the heart of a game-changing business with global reach, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, compliance department, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, court, courtroom, lawyer