Title: Custodial Supervisor
Division: Contract Services
Supervision Received: Project Manager
Supervision Given: Custodial Crews
Hours of operation: Monday and Friday 3:30-8 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3:30-7:30 pm
Job duties are to be performed in a professional manner, in accordance with CW Resources, Inc. policies purposes, procedures, rules and regulations. Reasonable accommodation will be considered. Must be able to work with a workforce primarily composed of individuals with disabilities.
1. Conducts inspections of work completed by employees.
2. Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures; washing windows, counters, walls, ceilings, and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; cleaning and vacuuming drapes, furniture, and carpeting including carpet scrubbing; resupplying rest rooms; replacing light bulbs.
3.. Keeps cleaning equipment operational by following manufacturer's operating and care guidelines; completing operator repairs and parts replacement.
4. Maintains parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts; anticipating cleaning equipment replacement; placing orders.
5. Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
6. Maintains continuity between shifts by documenting cleaning actions; noting areas requiring additional care or monitoring.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Education and/or Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in a custodial related field and experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Extensive working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building maintenance.
Knowledge of proper hazardous chemical disposal
Knowledge of floor care and carpet care
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Ability to establish effective working relationships at different levels
Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions
Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment
Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time
Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment,
Knowledge of the use of Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS),
Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products, and
Ability to work under little supervision.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
Decision making skills
Problem solving skills
Effective verbal and listening communications skills
Time management skills
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
Honesty and trustworthiness
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Sound work ethics
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing, walking, lifting heavy objects, operating medium-weight cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, sweeping and mopping floors and moving desks and furniture. The incumbent is required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions.
Many of the cleaning materials give off noxious fumes and have powerful odors. If not handled properly, the cleaning materials can cause injury, sickness and/or skin irritation and rashes.
Stress can be caused by the condition of washrooms and by coming across unpleasant situations.
Applicants and employees may be subject to and/or be required to meet specific background eligibility requirements in order to apply and maintain such positions. In summary, at a minimum, the following criteria shall apply:
Loading some great jobs for you...