Compensation: $58,215.00 - $90,790.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Vroom.com is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are seeking a versatile paralegal to join our growing legal team in NYC. In this role, you will be a key member of the team responsible for providing day-to-day support for Vrooms in-house attorneys in all facets of work. You also will be responsible for managing administrative projects, such as tracking and maintaining contracts, organizing and maintaining online files, and developing department resources and playbooks. We are looking for a team player who can take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Please note that Vroom does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Vroom will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Agencies please do not contact Hiring Managers
- Contract support for standard corporate agreements, including NDAs, customer agreements and vendor agreements
- Track contract lifecycle and maintain contract database
- Assist with organizing and maintaining Board minutes and meeting materials
- Assist with litigation, including coordinating litigation holds and document productions
- Assist with subpoena responses, small claims matters and customer complaints
- Assist in preparing and filing documents required for formation, governance, foreign qualification and dissolution of legal entities
- Assist with IP portfolios
- Manage routine correspondence, organization of files and other administrative tasks
- Perform research per attorney direction
- Develop and maintain department resources, playbooks and compliance guides
- Identify and implement improvements to current operations and workflows
- Collaborate with business partners across the organization as needed
- Help prepare legal training materials for company employees
- Must have CORPORATE LAW Background
- Bachelors degree required
- Paralegal or comparable certification preferred
- At least five years of experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant (in-house experience a plus)
- Proficient in using G-Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Experience with legal technology, such as contract management systems and cap table solutions, a plus
- Familiar with Westlaw/Practical Law/Lexis-Nexis preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and willingness to roll up sleeves, learn fast and take responsibility
- Highly organized, with ability to multitask and manage competing demands
- Solid judgment and analytical skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Discretion when dealing with confidential materials
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excitement for Vroom's mission of disrupting the used car markets
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who were looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think youd be a great addition to the team.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative associate, clerk, deputy clerk, legal assistant, paralegal, paralegal corporate, receptionist, secretary
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...