Chubb is the world s largest publicly traded property andcasualty insurer. With operations in 54countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualtyinsurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance andlife insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Perform assignments,tasks or activities that contribute to the overall business objectives of thecorporation and the business divisions being supported. Develop andmaintain strong relationships with both external and internal customers in aneffort to increase productivity with a focus on achieving claims handlingexcellence. Maintain proactive management of claims by focusing effortstoward expedient and equitable resolutions and insuring established reservesreflect Chubb North America s financial exposure. Provide timely andappropriate direction and authority to Third Party Administrators.
- Establish strongrelationships with insureds and Third Party Administrators
- Oversight managementof approximately 450 claims
- Provide direction,reserve and settlement authority to claim handlers as outlined in Chubb NorthAmerica Claim Handling Guidelines and within Director sauthority, elevating requests above authority to appropriate management levelsfor approval
- Perform assignments,tasks or activities that contribute to the overall objectives of the businessdivision being supported including but not limited to; conducting audits,providing financial analysis on reserve adequacy, identifying occupationaldisease exposures, and providing expertise on jurisdictional nuances
- Work closely withother Chubb disciplines in a team environment consisting of underwriting,actuarial, legal and accounting
- Ensure all recoveryopportunities are investigated and explored
- Participate in theassigned weekly rotation Claim Loss Report (CLR) Committee to discuss complexclaims
- Identify trends todetermine individual or office weaknesses and develop action plans to correctnegative trends and establish monitoring method to insure action plans havebeen successfully implemented
- Responsible forimplementation, monitoring and reporting on results of assigned specialprojects
- Participation injurisdictional or procedural training by Chubb North American Claims
- Facilitate trainingfor emerging jurisdictional or procedural issues
- Demonstrate skills inthe following competencies: Strategic Leadership,
Business Acumen, Orientation to Results, Influencing Outcomes, and Focus onDevelopment
- Have an excellentunderstanding and demonstrated ability to apply the technical aspects of claimhandling
- Effectively evaluateprograms and procedures for continuous improvements
- Minimum of 5 to 7years WC claims and/or legal experience; supervisory experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree orequivalent business experience
- Working knowledge ofindustry best practices and procedures
- Ability to makeprompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues
- Demonstrated oral andwritten communication skills, negotiation skills and influence managementskills
- Ability to manage andoperate in a team effectively
- Ability to facilitateand lead group(s) of people
- Demonstrate aproactive approach to servicing both external and internal customers
- Excellentinterpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive approach
- Excellent timemanagement and organizational skills
- Insurance courses aplus
Chubb strives to offer a diverse andinclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect arecentral to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upondiverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a waywhere everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity tocontribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package andcomprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, agenerous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan,flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casualdress.At Chubb, we are committed toequal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulationspertaining to it.Our policy is toprovide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions oropportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, geneticinformation, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protectedby law.WilmingtonWilmington19803Claims
Travel-Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting-Aug 1, 2019, 8:48:59 AM
Loading some great jobs for you...