Sr Fraud Analyst - AML Compliance
Compensation: $117,655.00 - $101,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
AML Compliance Sr. Analyst- Surveillance & Investigations
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our clients financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a AML Compliance Sr. Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting AML Compliance Sr. Analyst to join our Compliance Team. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that AML Compliance's activities follow the necessary rules and regulations by providing compliance support and expertise within established guidelines. The Senior Analyst is responsible for identifying and resolving problems in a timely fashion taking into account internal guidelines and outside regulatory requirements. Specific responsibilities include resolving complex investigations relating to AML and Fraud matters, completing all processes in connection with suspicious activity reporting (SAR), updating policies and procedures when necessary and executing special projects related to BBHs surveillance and monitoring program. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for drafting investigative reports with recommendations for appropriate disposition, which are supported by factual evidence and analysis, to Manager. The position operates fairly independently as a trusted advisor to BBH's business lines and is involved with the most complex aspects of the function.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Conduct complex investigations on Fraud and AML matters and act as an escalation point for the various LOBs
- Complete all processes related to the filing of SARs
- Liaise with LOBs directly in connection with AML and Fraud issues and provide guidance
- Guide more junior team members and consultants
- Play a lead role in various special projects/strategic planning for the group
- Investigate and ensure appropriate responses to potential fraud events
- Review requests for information from regulators
- Proactively update and ensure accuracy of all tracking logs for metrics reporting
- Proactively recommend and implement updates to existing written policies and procedures and draft new policies and procedures as necessary, in consultation with Manager
- Proactively identify trends in recurring AML and Fraud violations and inquire and collaborate with other team members to improve compliance procedures and processes, education materials and forms
- Ensure appropriate reports are provided to the Manager/Head of AML as needed
- Independently identify and resolve problems following established guidelines, accounting for internal guidelines as well as outside regulatory requirements
- Advise LOB and establish procedures for AML and Fraud related activities
- Execute a range of complex tasks and assist management in the resolution of complex problems
- Communicates AML requirements and regulatory orders in both written and oral format to senior management
- May supervise day-to-day work of more junior staff but does not have formal management role.
- BA/BS Degree. Finance, Economics or Business degrees preferred.
- 8+ years AML compliance and Fraud experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Capable of executing a range of complex tasks
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Actimize or similar trade surveillance monitoring system
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PP
- Working knowledge of securities markets
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourselfwithout leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employees unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate attorney, counsel, court, lawyer, llp, market
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...