Director, Compliance (Middletown)
Compensation: $178,775.00 - $178,775.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
200 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10281, USA
Reporting to the Compliance Officer, theDirector, Compliancewill be primarily responsible for supporting the management of the Compliance Program and providing oversight of energy trading and marketing activities for renewable energy generation across the US. This position will require regular travel to Brookfield Renewable office in Gatineau, QC.
- Manage compliance related activities associated with energy trading and marketing including policy development, compliance assessments, reporting and audits;
- Define compliance requirements and align processes and establish controls for energy trading and marketing activities;
- Monitor energy trading and marketing activities to ensure controls are effective and that the activities comply with rules, laws, regulations and policies;
- Lead investigations with other operational business units, Legal Services and Regulatory Affairs to identify and address compliance issues;
- Proactively modify the Compliance Program within an evolving regulatory environment;
- Monitor and integrate regulatory changes to ensure policies and processes are current;
- Promote visibility of Brookfields Compliance Program with regulatory bodies;
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with compliance regulators and participate in stakeholder activities;
- Represent Brookfields interests in the development of regulatory agency standards and requirements;
- Manage interfaces with internal and external legal and regulatory specialists to seek advice and support on federal, state and ISO regulations;
- Oversee regulatory training for the trading and marketing groups;
- Represent Compliance on due diligence studies during the integration of new assets and new activities.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Organizational ability including accuracy and attention to detail, professionalism, resourcefulness and initiative;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent report-writing skills, including the ability to document requirements, conversations and implementation plans;
- Proven ability to review various regulatory documents while synthesizing relevant information and identifying critical nuances
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and externally, with the ability to influence others;
- Exceptional written and verbal English skills are essential;
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present complex matters to audiences ranging from junior employees to senior management
- Over 8 years management experience in the energy industry, preferably in the renewable power business;
- Degree in law, business, finance or related field;
- Knowledge of FERC, CFTC, DOE, ISO and State regulations;
- Significant business experience with respect to power markets, ISOs and related settlement functions
- Proven leadership skills and the application of sound judgement;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Ability to produce quality results in a busy deadline driven environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Brookfield Renewable career opportunities are as bold and unique as you are.
Join our team to contribute to the success of one the fastest growing, pure-play renewable power platforms in the world. With current assets under management valued at $50 billion representing more than 18,000 MW of capacity and offices located across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia, Brookfield Renewable offers a multitude of global career opportunities.
Our dynamic organization is strongly focused on achieving results and producing returns for our investors while respecting the highest standards of integrity, safety and security. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with over 120 years of history, while contributing to the global need for greater energy sustainability.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact by being a part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Find out for yourself how you can make a difference.
Associated topics: analyst, demand, demand generation, event, hospital, lead generation, policy, presale, relation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...