Associate Counsel, SCT Legal-ExUS LatAm and AsiaPac
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming patients' lives through science. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their 'unique' skillsets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we're looking for talented professionals like you to join our team. What unique gene will you bring?
This position will be primarily responsible for providing legal advice, guidance and support related to 'above-market' transactions for the Latin America and Asia Pac regions across different Bristol Myers Squibb business units as well as Global Procurement function.Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and provide direct counseling to internal clients on routine and moderate transactional matters for the company at a regional level, including agreements relating to clinical trials, research, HEOR, outsourcing, real estate, enabling services, commercial agreements, data licensing, market research and other third-party services and goods.
- Advise internal clients in structuring and advising on various transactions in a way that advances the Company's strategy while addressing legal and regulatory risks.
- Provide support within SCT Legal for transactional issues relating to one or more Ex-US markets.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize routine and non-routine contracts in an effective, efficient and time-sensitive manner.
- Identify and address the resolution of critical legal issues and identify and help resolve critical business issues arising from transactions in collaboration with the leadership of SCT Legal.
- Provide legal advice on and legal interpretation of rights and obligations under executed agreements.
- Assist with the resolution of disputes under executed agreements.
- Proactively identify the need for, and drive the creation of, new or improved contract templates for common transactions.
- Proactively identify the need for, prepare and deliver training, written guidance and other aids for internal clients.
- Proactively advise and counsel internal clients on transaction issues in close collaboration with lawyers from other practice areas and relevant subject matter experts throughout the Company.
- Work cooperatively with peers to leverage skills and knowledge within the SCT Legal team and the Law Department.
- Actively contribute to maintaining a solid SCT Legal team, through participation in discussions, sharing best practices, collaboration on projects and development or improvement of tools and contract infrastructure.
- Demonstrate full commitment to Bristol Myers Squibb's mission and values.
- Law degree from recognized university. Qualification to practice law and desire to obtain qualification in New Jersey or New York and/or an in-house counsel license in New Jersey.
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience in a mix of a major law firm or in legal function of a major corporation, including through equivalent experience with contracting and transactional matters in an operational or contract management capacity.
- Practical experience drafting and negotiating agreements related to the bio/pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Preferably has working knowledge of life-science/pharmaceutical law, including regulations, rules and laws relating to advertising, product development, product labeling, anti-kickback, anti-bribery, intellectual property, clinical trials, financial transparency, promotional compliance, best price and data privacy.
- Understanding of health care industry.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage internal client expectations and to work/operate well with diverse and dynamic environment people in cross-functional teams, matrix environment.
- Creative, thoughtful, practical problem-solving skills and business-oriented.
- High integrity and ethical standards, ability to assess risk, ability to make decisions and think strategically while applying knowledge of applicable legal issues.
- Listens to internal client needs and communicates with clients with confidence and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and business judgment are required.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently and perform against broad objectives.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated.
- Foreign language skills, such as Spanish, are desired.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...