We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
As a member of the US Value & Access team, the Contract and Pricing Operations team is within Strategic Pricing and Contracting (SPC), the Senior Associate is primarily responsible for providing timely and accurate operational execution of Amgen's contract and pricing strategies, implementation of blanket discount programs, and for conducting appropriate analyses and accurately resolving discrepancies in customer or chargeback data. Additionally, the Senior Associate will provide input regarding the optimal implementation solution to support upcoming contracting strategies and future discount programs.
You will engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support and resolution to ensure accuracy of customer pricing. Cross functional internal and external collaboration, effective communication, high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities appropriately are critical to success in this role.
- Lead cross-functional and time-sensitive projects from initiation to completion across SPC
- Partner with GCOIS to build requirements to resolve system defects and implement enhancements to ensure operational compliance and process efficiencies
- Complete projects with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Optimize process effectiveness by identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced environment with the ability to take initiative, resolve complex contract and pricing issues, demonstrate autonomy and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Collaborate and confidently communicate with cross-functional segment team members including, pricing, contract operations, contract development, contract compliance, legal, government pricing, and GCOIS.
- Interpret and execute contract terms appropriately and demonstrate a clear understanding of relevant compliance considerations
- Execute within the operational guidelines of the government pricing sub-certification compliantly and SOX processes, and support audit engagements as required
- Engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support to ensure accuracy of customer pricing
- Develops spreadsheets models for moderately complex financial analyses
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or project management experience
- Associate's degree and 6 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or project management experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or project management experience
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written presentation communication skills
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction while prioritizing timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and owns a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- High tolerance of ambiguous situations
- Can effectively lead, represent their team in a complex matrix organization and influence a meeting outcome with cross-functional attendees
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong project management skills and leads projects as required
- Interprets and applies regulations associated with relevant legal issues
- Provides analyses and recommendations to support decisions by senior management
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients, we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, company, compliance department, corporate, court, courtroom, lawyer, legal department, llp
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, lawyer, legal, llp